Pageviews

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Song for lovers......

The rain will go sometime,
The pain may stay,
The sunlight is sublime,
The dark may make way.

I might forget the numbers,
Or the articles someday,
I might as well remember,
The tree beside the bay.

I might forget your smile,
I may most likely forget,
When you slapped my left cheek,
And I sat staring, imbecile!

All this may never come,
We may all stay intact,
I may come back from work,
And I would cook for you, infact!

Either way the swing of time,
Either way the sway of sands,
I will stare at a couple
Of eyes ; and think ……..
…....about this rhyme, EVERYTIME!

6 comments:

kakuli sinha said...

love surely is divine..and so is this piece of poetry..when we are in love..the sway of time really doesnt mean anything.it will trully be applauded for the purity of feelings and its mesmerising essence..great job ..pranav

kakuli sinha said...

love calls for sacrifice..it calls for care..as the present "song for lovers" suggests.the best comment for this would be that it touches the heart of the reader deeply.

Pranav Sharma said...

with humility and modesty i accept thy applause...

Unknown said...

justice done to genre of romantic poetry.....honestly i could connect to poem superficially as i have never been to the deeper realms of heart...
but all said a great piece...

SASSOTO said...

This poem I guess, brought me such a nascent sense of enjoyment, as it would have brought you when u composed it. A special word of appreciation for ur nostalgic expressions sprinkled with a playful rhyme scheme. The simplicity of style suggests me that love can be overwhelming even without the drama and philosophy which attempt at defining "true love". Love is just like faith in God. Each 1 has the right to love and love in his own way, just like religion. For some, Love is reverence and divinity, for some friendship to the next level, and for some its a passionate kiss. Love is a vast ocean. Let the amateurs stick to the shore and the swimmers dance with the surf...

Prash said...

Nice Work sir.......